There are many types of decorative tiles and stones used in interior and exterior design projects. One of them is mosaic stones. Mosaic stones are widely preferred for decorative purposes in the interior of houses today. Due to its easy use and aesthetically pleasing appearance, it can be used in many areas.
What is Glass Mosaic?
Glass mosaic is a decorative coating material used to provide a rich, beautiful and tasteful appearance in terms of architecture in exterior and interior. It is produced in many different sizes. It is produced in different sizes such as 10x10, 13x13, 20x20 and 20x40 mm. It is pasted on a third-grade paper layer as a fabrication. The part that sticks to the paper side is the inner face of the glass mosaic. Glass mosaics in the form of paper plates are glued on the walls with the paper side out on the cement plaster.
Where to Use Glass Mosaics
Glass mosaic is frequently preferred in many homes today. The usage purposes of mosaic glasses, which are mostly used for decorative purposes, are as follows:
- It is used for decorative purposes because it provides a beautiful architectural appearance.
- It has rich color options.
- It adds a nice beauty to the exterior surfaces of buildings, especially in outdoor areas.
- It is not affected by moisture and water. Therefore, it provides easy use.
- It is a long-lasting material and does not corrode.
- No paint required and easy to clean.
What Are the Usage Areas of Glass Mosaic Products?
Glass mosaic is a durable and long-lasting product. It can be used in many areas because it is not affected by water and moisture. The usage areas of glass mosaics are as follows:
- It is used as exterior cladding in buildings.
- Used for decorative purposes in covering columns and columns.
- It is also preferred as a floor covering.
- It is used as a coating especially in swimming pools.
- It is used as a coating in bathrooms, baths and saunas.
- It is used in coatings between kitchen countertops.
- Used for covering areas such as entrances, halls, balconies.
- It can be used for decorative purposes in many different areas according to the wishes of the customers.
Glass Mosaic Production Process
The raw material of glass mosaics produced in glass mosaic facilities is scrap glass and glass paint. Scrap glasses are collected and first thrown into the glass sieve and cleaned of coarse dirt. The glasses separated from foreign materials are put in a mill and ground. This grinding time takes approximately 5 hours. Glass flour extracted from the mill is sieved in a 0.50 rapier glass flour sieve and its grain size is adjusted.
Then the sifted glass flour is put into the mixer and moistened. If colored products are to be made, special glass paint is added. The moistened glass flours are shaped by filling in the press silo and directly enters the 20-meter long oven. Glass powder pressed at this distance takes approximately 19 minutes and turns into a semi-finished product by baking.
Then the product is thrown into the sieve and stringing operations are started. Semi-finished products placed in typesetting molds are glued to craft paper and net and placed in drying molds for drying. In this way, it becomes ready to be boxed.